Maryland State Board of Engineers, Laws and Ethics
Credit: 2 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $30.00
Course Author: Franco F. Davati, P.E.
Maryland State Board of Land Surveyors is separated from Maryland State Board of Engineers now.
- A licensee shall complete a minimum of 16 PDH units earned from the participation in and completion of qualified programs described as:
- Technical, research, analytical, or design aspects of engineering;
- Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland;
- Engineering-related computer hardware and software topics;
- Standards of practice or care;
- Professional engineering ethics;
- Project management, risk assessment and management, or emergency and disaster management; or
- Similar topics aimed to maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee’s field of practice.
- A minimum of 1 PDH in each biennial licensing term shall be earned from the participation in the completion of qualifying programs with content related to the following:
- The awareness of ethical concerns and conflicts related to the practice of engineering;
- An enhanced familiarity with the code of conduct for professional engineers;
- An understanding of standards of practice or care related to the practice of engineering; or
- Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland.
- A maximum of 8 PDH hours earned in excess of 16 units that are required for a license renewal during the licensing term can be carried forward to apply as credit toward the next individual licensing term.
This course will satisfy 1 PDH minimum requirement for section B. The extra 1 PDH can be carried forward as part of the 16 PDH requirements.
In this PDH or CPC online course, we have gathered all the Title 14, Business Occupations and Professions,
Annotated Code of Maryland for this course.
The purpose of this PDH or CPC course is for the Maryland Professional Engineers become familiar with the new rules and laws in the state of Maryland.
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.
Rules, Laws and Ethics