1. A licensee shall complete a minimum of 16 PDH units earned from the participation in and completion of qualified programs described as:
Technical, research, analytical, or design aspects of engineering;
Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland;
Engineering-related computer hardware and software topics;
Standards of practice or care;
Professional engineering ethics;
Project management, risk assessment and management, or emergency and disaster management; or
Similar topics aimed to maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee’s field of practice.
A minimum of 1 PDH in each biennial licensing term shall be earned from the participation in the completion of qualifying programs with content related to the following:
The awareness of ethical concerns and conflicts related to the practice of engineering;
An enhanced familiarity with the code of conduct for professional engineers;
An understanding of standards of practice or care related to the practice of engineering; or
Laws and regulations applicable to the practice of engineering in Maryland.
A maximum of 8 PDH hours earned in excess of 16 units that are required for a license renewal during the licensing term can be carried forward to apply as credit toward the next individual licensing term.
Licensees renewing for the first time after receiving their initial license are exempt. Carry forward hours are not permitted on the first renewal cycle.
2. "Managing agent" means a professional engineer designated as _______________________.
An agent who has been put in the management position.
the managing agent by a permit holder under § 14–403 of this title.
3. "Permit" means_____________________________________.
Having the permit to build the construction.
unless the context requires otherwise, a permit issued by the Board to allow a corporation, partnership, or limited liability company to operate a business through which one or more professional engineers may practice engineering.
4. "Responsible charge" means ___________________________________________________.
The person who is in charge
Direct control and personal supervision of engineering that requires initiative, professional skill, and independent judgment. It also includes responsible engineering teaching.
5. (a) All engineering documents prepared in connection with the alteration, construction, design, or repair of a building, structure, building engineering system and its components, machine, equipment, process, works, subsystem, project, public or private utility, or facility in the built or economic environment, including an engineering document prepared at the request of the State or a political subdivision of the State, where the skills of a professional engineer are required, _________signed, sealed, and dated by the professional engineer who prepared or approved the documents.
does not have to be
6. A professional engineer may perform design coordination for a project or portion of a project provided that the professional engineer:
holds a current license issued by the Board; and
has adequate experience in, and understanding of, achieving the purpose of the project or portion of the project being coordinated.
7. (a) Unless a license is renewed for a _____ term as provided in this section, the license expires on the first June 30 that comes:
after the effective date of the license; and
in an even–numbered year.
8. a)The Board may issue a retired status license to an individual who:
is currently licensed in Maryland as a professional engineer;
has been licensed as a professional engineer for at least 25 years, of which at least 5 years were in Maryland;
is not the subject of a pending disciplinary action related to the practice of engineering in this or any other state;
submits to the Board an application on the form approved by the Board; and
pays to the Board a fee as set by the Board.
9. (c) The Board _________ waive a reinstatement fee for a licensee who provides evidence satisfactory to the Board that the licensee did not practice engineering during the time the license lapsed.
10. The holder of a retired status license issued under this section may not engage in the practice of professional engineering. The holder of a retired status license shall be permitted to use the designation of "Professional Engineer, Retired".
11. The Board may reactivate the license of the holder of a retired status license if that individual:
submits to the Board an application for reactivation on the form approved by the Board;
meets all applicable continuing competency requirements determined by the Board;
is not the subject of a pending disciplinary action related to the practice of engineering in this or any other state; and
pays to the Board a reactivation fee as set by the Board.
12. (a) Beginning on October 1, 2015, except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a corporation, partnership, or limited liability company shall hold a permit issued by the Board before the corporation, partnership, or limited liability company may operate a business through which engineering is practiced.
13. (b) A corporation, partnership, or limited liability company may provide engineering services for itself or its affiliate without a permit issued by the Board.
14. To qualify for a permit, a corporation, partnership, or limited liability company shall meet the requirements of this section.
A corporation, partnership, or limited liability company shall designate a Maryland professional engineer in good standing to be the managing agent for the entity.
The managing agent shall be:
in a position to act on behalf of the corporation, partnership, or limited liability company in matters related to the practice of or the offering of the practice of engineering; and
an employee, an owner, a director, an officer, a member, or a partner, as applicable, of the entity seeking a permit.
A licensee may not be designated as a managing agent for more than one corporation, partnership, or limited liability company that provides or offers to provide engineering services, except if the other entity is an affiliate of a permit holder.
15. Each professional engineer ____ obtain a seal for use as required under § 14–403 of this title.
(b) The seal shall:
be of a design determined by the Board; and
the legend “professional engineer”; and
the name and license number of the professional engineer who holds the seal.