Florida Workers' Compensation
Credit: 2 PDH or CE Hours #CILB Provider 0005904 Approved Course No. 0613238
Course Fee: $18.00
The Workers’ Compensation System Guide is intended to give all parties a general overview and summary of the Workers’ Compensation System. It is not intended to supersede or take the place of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Law (Chapter 440, Florida Statutes) or Florida Workers’ Compensation Case Law.
The learning objective of this course is to assist all stakeholders in their roles and responsibilities. It provides general information and references that may assist with resolving issues and answering questions in Florida Worker’s Compensation.
Table of content
- EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
- Injured Worker Duties
- When you see the doctor
- After seeing the doctor
- Benefits you may receive
- If you have a dispute with your insurance company
- Employee workers’ compensation criminal violations
- How to get more information and help with your claim
- Employer Duties
- Employer Requirements
- Obtaining Required Coverage
- Workers’ Compensation Exemption Eligibility Requirements and Information
- Division Enforcement Authority
- Employer Workers’ Compensation Criminal Violations
- Compliance & Coverage Assistance May Be Obtained From
- HEALTH CARE PROVIDER INFORMATION
- Provider Duties
- Medical Bill Reimbursement
- Health Care Provider Criminal Violations
- INSURANCE COMPANY INFORMATION
- Insurance Company Duties
- Reporting Responsibilities of the Claims Handler
- Special Disability Trust Fund
- Penalties That Can Be Assessed Against Insurance Companies
- Penalties and interest for late payment of compensation paid directly to the injured worker along with the indemnity payment that was late
- Insurance Companies Unlawful Action
- Insurance Companies Anti-Fraud Responsibilities
- Additional Resources
- Employee Section
- Employer Section
- Health Care Provider Section
- Insurance Company Section
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Course Author: Franco F. Davati, P.E.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
This online PDH or CE course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.