Planning and Processing Surveys for Civil Works Projects
Credit: 4 PDH Hours
Course Fee: $36.00
Providing quality hydrographic data on dredging, navigation, and flood control projects requires careful planning and evaluation of all phases of the process. Those process considerations include:
- Basic identification of areas to be surveyed and the conditions under which they will be surveyed, use of in-house hired labor or Architect-Engineer (A-E) service contract forces.
- Dredging performance and time constraints
- The most appropriate equipment to collect the data, data density requirements, development of a general survey plan and subsequent site specific survey plans
- Data processing, data presentation, and data archival and retrieval
- Other general factors to be considered might include geodetic survey methods, hydrographic survey methods, computer systems design, acceptable vessel modifications, safe vessel operation, and regional knowledge of survey conditions
- Guidance in performing hydrographic surveys for engineering and construction
- Planning survey coverage
- Data processing, editing, and plotting options
- USACE standards for survey coverage, processing, and plotting
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Course Author: US Army Corps of Engineers
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
This online PDH course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.