This half day Webinar is the combination of Satellite Communications (Webinar #44), Centered Design (Webinar #45), Internal Combustion Engine (Webinar #46) and Torque, Power, Transmission (Webinar #47).
By the end of this 4-hour webinar the student
- will take wireless communications to a higher level: space. First master the rudiments of rockets, orbits, and satellite operations. Then focus on commercial satellite services such as television, radio, Internet, telephone, and navigation. Calculate the ideal orbit for communications satellites, and investigate the workings of the Global Positioning System.
- will understand how using the faucet as an example, study the bewildering number of ways that hot and cold water can be delivered into a sink, reflecting the challenges of designing everyday things. Along the way, consider the principles that go into a successful design: affordances, signifiers, mapping, constraints, and feedback.
- will begin the first of four lectures on automotive engineering by exploring that marvel of mechanical sophistication: the internal combustion engine. Professor Ressler uses homebuilt models to demonstrate the ingenious design of the four-stroke power cycle and how it works in perfect synchrony with a host of other engine sub-systems.
- will trace the path of mechanical power from pistons to the engine crankshaft, then through the flywheel and clutch assembly to the transmission gearbox. Focus on the relationships between torque, rotational speed, and power, discovering the reason that transmissions require multiple gear ratios.
How to take Webinar
- Log into your account first.
- Then go to the Live scheduled webinars.
- Click on the webinar course that you want, and purchase the webinar.
- After a successful payment a "Thank you" page comes up with a link called Watch Webinar. By clicking that link you will be redirected to our webinar course page in Gotowebinar.com for registration. You will be asked to enter your first and last name and your email address for registration. This can be done before or right before webinar starts. (If you are away from your computer, you can watch the webinar on your mobile device. To view the webinar, simply register with your mobile device.)
- Go ahead and do register.
- You will be receiving emails prior to webinars as reminder.
- If somehow you missed and did not register when you received the "Thank you note", a link to the webinar called Watch Webinar will be added on your "Live webinars to take" page in your My Account, to help you to register for the webinar again.
- During the webinar students would not have an open microphone. So, all interactive questions will be done via email or live chat.
- Approximately 50 minutes after the webinar a copy of your certificate will be in your "completed Live webinars".
Very Simple and Easy!