This half day Webinar is the combination of Nuclear Power (Webinar #32), Renewable Sources of Electricity (Webinar #33), The Grid (Webinar #34) and Electric Power Distribution (Webinar #35).
By the end of this 4-hour webinar the student
- will probe the tradeoffs of oil, natural gas, and nuclear fission for generating electrical power. For example, natural gas is plentiful and flexible, but it involves fracking and produces carbon dioxide emissions. By contrast, nuclear power produces essentially zero emissions but poses potentially catastrophic safety risks.
- survey the three most important sources of renewable energy: hydropower, wind power, and solar power. Look at the inner workings of hydroelectric dams, wind turbines, solar-thermal power stations, and photovoltaic arrays to see how each takes a renewable energy source and converts it into electricity.
- study the technological marvel called the grid – the system that transmits electricity from its point of generation to users. Learn why electrical transmission lines come in threes, why AC power is used instead of DC, and the reason transmission voltages are so high.
- will trace the distribution of electrical power from a substation to your home. Begin with the transformer, discovering how this crucial device functions. By the end of this lecture, you will be able to read a utility pole like a book, analyzing the different services attached to these ubiquitous structures.
How to take Webinar
- Log into your account first.
- Then go to the Live scheduled webinars.
- Click on the webinar course that you want, and purchase the webinar.
- After a successful payment a "Thank you" page comes up with a link called Watch Webinar. By clicking that link you will be redirected to our webinar course page in Gotowebinar.com for registration. You will be asked to enter your first and last name and your email address for registration. This can be done before or right before webinar starts. (If you are away from your computer, you can watch the webinar on your mobile device. To view the webinar, simply register with your mobile device.)
- Go ahead and do register.
- You will be receiving emails prior to webinars as reminder.
- If somehow you missed and did not register when you received the "Thank you note", a link to the webinar called Watch Webinar will be added on your "Live webinars to take" page in your My Account, to help you to register for the webinar again.
- During the webinar students would not have an open microphone. So, all interactive questions will be done via email or live chat.
- Approximately 50 minutes after the webinar a copy of your certificate will be in your "completed Live webinars".
Very Simple and Easy!