This half day Webinar is the combination of Water Treatment Distribution (Webinar #28), wastewater Disposal Treatment (Webinar #29), Fossil Fuel (Webinar #30) and Power generation from Coal, oil and Gas (Webinar #31).
By the end of this 4-hour webinar the student
- will know how raw water from nature is treated to make it safe for drinking. Then trace the distribution system that supplies water under pressure to users. Professor Ressler demonstrates two crucial technologies in this system: the flocculation chamber and the water tower.
- will understand what happens to the 150 gallons of water that the average person uses and then sends down the drain each day Delve into wastewater disposal and treatment. Among the details you investigate are the S-shaped trap in a waste pipe and that most ingenious of plumbing fixtures: the toilet.
- will be able to understand how coal, oil, and natural gas power the vast majority of electrical generating plants in use today. Learn how fossil fuels are extracted from the earth and how new technologies such as longwall mining and fracking have revolutionized the industry. Also examine some of the environmental drawbacks of these endeavors.
- will focus on the dominant source of electricity in the U.S. today: coal. Begin by reviewing concepts from thermodynamics that explain how power plants work. Then follow the processes that turn a hopper full of coal into abundant electrical power, extracting the maximum amount of energy along the way.
How to take Webinar
- Log into your account first.
- Then go to the Live scheduled webinars.
- Click on the webinar course that you want, and purchase the webinar.
- After a successful payment a "Thank you" page comes up with a link called Watch Webinar. By clicking that link you will be redirected to our webinar course page in Gotowebinar.com for registration. You will be asked to enter your first and last name and your email address for registration. This can be done before or right before webinar starts. (If you are away from your computer, you can watch the webinar on your mobile device. To view the webinar, simply register with your mobile device.)
- Go ahead and do register.
- You will be receiving emails prior to webinars as reminder.
- If somehow you missed and did not register when you received the "Thank you note", a link to the webinar called Watch Webinar will be added on your "Live webinars to take" page in your My Account, to help you to register for the webinar again.
- During the webinar students would not have an open microphone. So, all interactive questions will be done via email or live chat.
- Approximately 50 minutes after the webinar a copy of your certificate will be in your "completed Live webinars".
Very Simple and Easy!