This half-day Webinar is the combination of The Building Envelope (Webinar #25), Site Design and Storm Runoff (Webinar #26), Dam Reservoir, Aqueduct Design (Webinar #27) and Highway Engineering (Webinar #50).
By the end of this 4-hour webinar the student
- Will understand that now that your house is framed, it needs a building envelope that can shed rainwater and melting snow, and also keep precipitation from entering through the foundation. Learn about the five integrated layers of protection: shingles and cladding, drainage plane, insulation, vapor barrier, and drywall.
- Will understand what happens to the precipitation that falls on your house, your lot, and your neighbors’ properties. Study the problem of site design, focusing on how storm runoff is directed away from homes and returned to a natural watercourse, without causing flooding along the way.
- Will understand the technologies that collect water from a watershed and transport it to a municipality. Explore different designs for dams, and marvel at the Catskill Aqueduct that carries fresh water to New York City.
- will step into the work boots of a highway engineer, tasked with designing a freeway across hilly terrain to connect two other highways. Discover that features of a safe road that you take for granted-constant-radius curves, gentle grade, sturdy construction, and a well-drained surface-require detailed planning.
How to take Webinar
- Log into your account first.
- Then go to the Live scheduled webinars.
- Click on the webinar course that you want, and purchase the webinar.
- After a successful payment a "Thank you" page comes up with a link called Watch Webinar. By clicking that link you will be redirected to our webinar course page in Gotowebinar.com for registration. You will be asked to enter your first and last name and your email address for registration. This can be done before or right before webinar starts. (If you are away from your computer, you can watch the webinar on your mobile device. To view the webinar, simply register with your mobile device.)
- Go ahead and do register.
- You will be receiving emails prior to webinars as reminder.
- If somehow you missed and did not register when you received the "Thank you note", a link to the webinar called Watch Webinar will be added on your "Live webinars to take" page in your My Account, to help you to register for the webinar again.
- During the webinar students would not have an open microphone. So, all interactive questions will be done via email or live chat.
- Approximately 50 minutes after the webinar a copy of your certificate will be in your "completed Live webinars".
Very Simple and Easy!