Introduction to Centrifugal Pump Systems
Credit: 7 PDH
Course Fee: $84.00
This course is intended for anyone that has an interest in centrifugal pumps. There is no math, just simple explanations of how pump systems work and how to select a centrifugal pump.
By the end of this course the student will learn;
- What are the important characteristics of a pump system?
- What is head and how is it used in a pump system to make calculations easier?
- What is static head and friction head and how do they affect the flow rate in a pump system?
- How does a centrifugal pump produce pressure?
- Why is total head and flow the two most important characteristics of a centrifugal pump?
- What is meant by the pump rating? And what is the optimal operating point of a centrifugal pump?
- How to do details calculations that will allow you to size and select a centrifugal pump?
- How to verify that your centrifugal pump is providing the rated pressure or head?
- What is density and specific gravity and how do they relate to pressure and head?
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Course Author: Jacques Chaurette p. eng.