15 PDH (1 PDH Ethics), Forensic Engineering, Part #1 DVD…
Credit: 15 PDH
Course Fee: $279.00
10 PDH or 1 CEU + extra 5 PDH all on one DVD, including 1 PDH in Ethics.
Forensic Engineering Part #1
Product liability, failure analysis, vehicle accident, tractor-trailer accident, train accident, boat accident, vehicle fire accident, insurance fraud, testifying in court as an engineer, video animation and court room presentation.
- A general discussion of what is Forensic engineering. Does your experience and background lend itself for you to be a forensic engineer and an expert witness in your field of expertise?
- Sample case studies in different fields of forensic engineering (photo slides and video).
- Sample computer animation demonstrative evidence for courtroom presentation.
- The general fundamental of engineering investigation and working the scene of the accident.
- Photographing, video graphing, taking measurement and collecting evidence from the scene of the accident (photo slides). Engineering fundamentals and techniques of auto accident reconstruction.
- Reading the damage patterns of the vehicles after the accident using simple laws of physics and dynamics (photo slides).
- Sample photo slides of detecting insurance fraud in automobile accidents using simple laws of physics and dynamics.
- Sample photo slides of detecting insurance fraud and arson in vehicle fires using simple laws of propulsion, heat transfer and heat radiation.
- Sample photo slides of detecting insurance fraud in homeowner insurance claims using simple laws of engineering, physics and dynamics.
- Tractor-trailer and heavy trucks brakes, mechanical inspection and accident investigation video.
- Boat accidents investigation video using simple laws of physics, dynamics and stability & control; presentation by ATA & Associates.
- How to testify and give a deposition as an expert witness. What is Daubert- Robinson Challenge.
- Basics of Daubert- Robinson Challenge (a must read for engineers who want to testify in court)
- Ethics as an engineer and as an expert witness (1 PDH Ethics). Battle of experts; Video case Study of a murder trial, where the alleged murderer was accused of killing her mother by setting her car on fire.
- End of the course.
Extra 5 PDH
- How to testify in court as an engineer and expert witness.
- What are do’s and don’’t of testify in court.
- The Daubert-Robinson Challenge, case studies.
- Tractor trailer skid & crash tests video.
- Vehicle seat belt and restrain crash tests video by ATA & Associates.
- Advanced engineering accident reconstruction video by ATA & Associates.
To obtain PDH credits for this course, you will need to take a quiz for credit. Click here to take Quiz.