1. The acronym for acquired is ______________.
2. The acronym for approved is _____________
3. The acronym for authorization is _________________.
4. A unit of area measurement is __________________.
5. A process in USGS map production which shows boundary information which is available but not found on final topographic maps is called a ___________________.
Advance field completion
6. A metric unit of area equal to 100 square meters is equal to ________________________.
7. Man-made or man-induced changes in flow alignment of a river such as to leave an identifiable area of upland between the old and new channels is called an __________________________________.
8. The acronym for balance is ______________________.
9. The acronym for boundary is ______________________.
10. BIFC is abbreviated as ____________________________.
Boise Interagent Fire Corporation
Boise Interagency Fire Center
11. The acronym for Bureau of Land Management is ______________.
12. The entire area drained by a main stream and its tributaries is called a ___________________.
13. A mark made upon a tree trunk usually at about breast height is called a __________________________.
14. The acronym for cadastral is ____________________.
15. The operation of measuring a distance on the earth, using a chain or tape is called ________________.
16. A hand held instrument used to measure vertical angles or the inclination of a slope is called ________________.
All the above
17. A line connecting any two points on an arc is called a ____________.
18. A supplement or an addition to a will is called a codicil.
19. The right which a husband has in his wife’s estate at her death is a curative patent.
20. In mining, a surface opening in the ground intersecting a vein is called a _____________.
21. The acronym for donation claim is ______________________.
22. The acronym for Double parallel distance is _______________.
23. An angle of difference is called ___________________.
24. A document which transfers title to real property is a deed.
25. The angular difference from a straight line at an angle point in a traverse is called _______________.
26. The opinion of a judge besides the point of a case at issue before the court is a DICTA.
27. A slang term for a sketch showing the current progress and details of the field work of a cadastral survey is called a _________________.
28. In mining, an underground passage driven horizontally along the course of a mineralized vein.
29. ES is abbreviated as _____________________.
30. Any tabular statement of the assigned places of a celestial body for regular intervals is called an encumbrance.
31. The relationship between two stationing values for the same point in route surveying is __________________.
32. The stopping of a person from asserting a claim by reason of his own previous representations which refute his new claim is ______________________.
33. The securing of information by aerial photography or by visual observation from the air is aeronautical chart.
34. A geometrical condition in which the scale along one axis or reference plane is different from the scale along the other axis or plane is called an AFFINE.
35. Gravel, sand, silt, and clay sediments deposited by streams as a result of markedly decreased current velocity is called a ______________________.
36. A term used in a generic sense to include various types of submerged or emergent embankments of sand and gravel built on the sea floor by waves and currents is called _______________.
37. Ratio of airbase to width of flight coverage is a _____________________.
38. The area within the high-water lines of a stream or river is a ______________________.
Bed of stream
39. A large scale working chart on which hydrographic data (soundings, bottom characteristics, etc.) are plotted by survey parties.
40. A point of land extending into the sea or a lake is called a _______________________.
41. Sheet line is also called as ___________________.
42. Negative engraving is the operation of making a negative by removing portions of a coating applied to a scale-stable medium.
43. A low and passable gap through a mountain barrier is called a _________________.
44. In arid and semi-arid regions, the gently sloping plain strewn with boulders that borders the mountains is called pediment.
45. The four armed base of a survey instrument which carries opposed leveling screws is a ________________.
46. RF is abbreviated as __________________.
47. A narrow sand embankment, created by an excess of deposition at its seaward terminus, with the end away from the point of origin terminating in open water is a ____________________.
48. A collection of fallen disintegrated material which has formed a slope at the foot of a cliff is __________________.
49. The part of the floor of the ocean which lies in the zone of wave action, and in which the bottom is repeatedly stirred and reworked by storm waves is an ________________.
50. A mechanical analog of the rays to a photo image from two photographs is a _______________.