Florida Approved Advanced Building Code Course
Advanced Internet Course in Florida Building Code 6th Edition (2017) Changes
Credit: 1 PDH or CE Hours
Course Fee: $9.00
The purpose of this course is to familiarize the contractors with the significant changes to the Florida Building Code 6th Edition (2017). The course covers from chapter 1 to Chapter 6.
By the end of this course the licensee will have learned the significant changes in Florida Building Code 2017 6th Edition from chapter 1 to Chapter 6.
- 101.2 Exempt Residential Accessory Structures
- 111.1 Change of Use or Occupancy
- 202 Definition of Horizontal Exit
- 202 Definition of Platform
- 202 Definition of Private Garage
- 202 Definition of Treated Wood
- Building Planning
Chapters 3 through 6
- 304.1 Food Processing Facilities and Commercial Kitchens
- 304.1 Training and Skill Development Facilities
- 306.2 Food Processing Facilities and Commercial Kitchens
- 308.3 Group I-1 Occupancy Classification
- 308.4 Group I-2 Occupancy Classification
- 310.5 Group R-3 Lodging Houses
- 310.6 Group R-4 Occupancy Classification
- 311.1.1 Classification of Accessory Storage Spaces
- 403.1, Exception Items 3 and 5 Applicability of High-Rise Provisions
- 404.5, Exception Atrium Smoke Control in Group I Occupancies 30
- 404.9, 404.10 Egress Travel through an Atrium
- 406.3.1 Private Garage Floor-Area Limitation
- 406.3.2 Private Parking Garage Ceiling Height
- 407.2.5 Group I-2 Shared Living Spaces
- 407.2.6 Group I-2 Cooking Facilities
- 407.5 Maximum Size of Group I-2 Smoke Compartments
- 410.3.5 Horizontal Sliding Doors at Stage Proscenium Opening
- 412.7 Travel Distance in Aircraft Manufacturing Facilities
- 503 General Building Height and Area Limitations
- Tables 504.3, 504.4 Building Height and Number of Stories
- 505.2.3, Exception 2 Mezzanine Openness
- Table 506.2 Building Area
- 507.1 Basements in Unlimited Area Buildings
- 507.9 Group H-5 in Unlimited Area Buildings
- Table 509 Fire Protection from Incidental Uses
- 510.2 Horizontal Building Separation
- Table 601, Footnote d One-Hour Substitution
- 602.4 Type IV Member Size Equivalencies
- 602.4.2 Cross-Laminated Timber in Exterior Walls
- 603.1, Item 26 Wall Construction of Freezers and Coolers
Review the quiz before studying the course.
Course Author: Franco F. Davati, P.E.
Certificate of completion of the course
This course comes with a multiple-choice quiz. You can view the quiz and take the quiz if you are logged in your account. You can take the quiz for this online PDH course as many times until passed. The passing grade is 70% and above. After you pass the quiz simply follow the page, to pay for the course and print your certificate instantly. A copy of the certificate and receipt for this course will always be in your account.
This online PDH or CE course can also be used as a continuing education course for the following.