Frequently Asked Questions
LOG IN and User Account
- I paid for the course, but I do not see the certificate on my screen.
Please check the “Downloads” folder in your computer.
You can always print a copy of your certificate and receipt from your Account on our website.
Even if it did not downloaded properly in your computer.
- Why do I have to register?
So the system can put your name on your certificate. Also, making an account at our website will allow you to keep track of your progress and have an online copy of each certificate. We will also be able to prove to the Board that you purchased and passed your continuing education PDH requirements (courses).
- Why can't I login using my email address and password?
- Your computer may have a different password saved. You can disable Autofill or type in your password.
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Slide bar to Medium setting>Apply>OK
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox go to Tools>Options>Privacy>Use Custom Settings for History>Check Accept cookies from sites>Accept third-party cookies: Always>Keep until: they expire>OK
Pricing, Payment and Security
State Board Acceptance
- Do I need to submit a copy of the certificate of completion to my state board?
No. You keep your certificate for your records. You only send a copy of your certificate to the Board, if you are asked by the Board or you are being audited by the Board. When you are renewing your license for the next period, and asked (depending on the State’s renewal form) if you have complied with your continuing education requirements, you simply respond yes.
- Why can't I find my PDH credits at myfloridalicense.com?
- Please make sure that upon registering, you also provided your Florida PE license number which is imperative to the reporting process.
- Reports are submitted every 2-3 business days or daily depending on the number of FL engineers taking our courses.
Taking Courses Online
- How does your continuing education program work?
Conveniently, all of our PDH courses and PDH quizzes are available instantly at your fingertips. Your PDH quizzes get graded before you even pay. You can take your PDH quiz and print your PDH certificate instantly. This will help those engineers who need to buy their online PDH courses in the last minute for their PE license renewal.
- How do I take an online course?
- Register first and find a course and study.
- Take the quiz for free.
- Pay for the course and print your certificate.
- I see states listed on my certificate but not the state(s) in which I am registered.
The states listed on the certificates are those states that have pre-approved us as continuing education providers and/or have specifically instructed that the state name be visible on the certificates rewarded. If your state is not on that list, they have no such requirement and do not require pre-approval.
- How do the DVD & CD courses qualify as engineering continuing education courses?
The courses are designed based on the definition of "course/activity" as it is defined by all the boards of professional engineering offices across the country as, "any qualifying course or activity which will maintain, improve skill and knowledge". You can browse through the "DVD & CD Courses" for a variety of topics.
- When do I get my certificate if I purchased a DVD course?
Once you have received your DVD course in the mail, go to our website www.DiscountPDH.com and click on the DVD & Courses tab and find the course that matches the title of your DVD. Complete the quiz, submit payment and print your certificate
Q: Do I watch the DVD courses like a DVD movie?
- No, this course is a multimedia course, containing PDF text files, photo slides, animation videos and video clips. We have placed the whole thing on a DVD due to it's shear volume. This was done intentionally to give you the capability to stop the DVD at any time and come back to it at a later time when it's convenient for you. This way you do not have to watch the whole thing for 15 hours straight!
- Simply place the DVD in the DVD drive and follow the instructions on the back of the DVD case. You can stop the DVD at any place and come back to it at a later time.
Q. Do I have to take a test or quiz for this DVD seminar course?
- We have done our best to prepare this DVD course as if you are attending a seminar at home. Our 15 PDH DVD and CD courses (home seminar) are a multimedia DVD of a live seminar. It contains PDF text files, computer animation, power point presentation and video clips.
- If you are registered in Texas, no. After our discussion with Mr. Lance Kinney, P. E. of the Texas Board of Professional Engineers at an ASME seminar in Houston, since the engineers who took the live seminar of this course did not take a test, you do not have to take a test for the DVD of the seminar presentation either. You can simply follow the instructions on the back of DVD case and introduction letter. We have enclosed a self-test quiz for those who like to test their skills. You can check the questions on the "quiz questions" page.
- If you are registered in other states, in general you do not take a quiz at a seminar, since you are attending or auditing it. If your state requires a test for a home seminar, simply take the quiz online 24/7 and print your certificate any time after your purchase. You must have already paid or purchased the course before printing your certificate.
No registration or password required.
If you need a copy of your test or score, simply print the screen of your quiz or your score. You can take the quiz as many times as you want. You can take a look at the quiz questions to see what type of questions you need to be able to answer. The purpose of the class is not to flunk the students but to teach them.
We offer a 100% full money back guarantee if your board of engineering does not accept our course fully or partially for any reason. We would need proof of denial from your board.
Q: How does the DVD & CD courses qualify as engineering continuing education course?
The courses are designed based on the definition of "course/activity" as it is defined by all the boards of professional engineering offices across the country as, "any qualifying course or activity which will maintain, improve skill and knowledge". You can browse through the "DVD Course Topics" page for the engineering business and forensic engineering topics in this course. The future live seminar topics are different from the DVD courses.
Q: Are these DVDs open to non-PE engineers?
Yes, absolutely. In most cases as an expert witness you do not have to be a registered engineer. The Judge will decide if you qualify to testify as an expert in the field, based on your technical background and work experience, regardless if you are a registered engineer or not. In some cases you have to be a registered engineer either to do the work or comply with certain codes.
Q: I am having problem logging into my account. The System does not accept my email address and password.
- If this is your first time, you must first click on the New User Registration and register first
- Make sure you have typed your email address correct.
- Make sure the Caps lock is not accidentally turned ON. ,The system only accepts lower case passwords.
Q: I registered, but I can not login to my account.
If your web browser is set to High Security setting you will not be able to register.
If you have a Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 + simply
- Click on "Tools"
- Click on "Internet Options" (or "Options")
- Click on "Privacy"
- Slide the bar down to "Medium".
- Click "Apply"
- And then click "OK".
If you have Mozilla Firefox, simply
- Click on "Tools"
- Click on "Options"
- Click on "Privacy"
- Check the box [ ] Accept cookie from sites
- Check the box [ ] Accept third-party cookies
- In the box, Keep until < select > [they expire]
- Click "OK"
Q: I took the quiz, and passed it, paid for the course, but when I clicked on the print certificate, the page was blank.
This does not happen that often, but it can happen due to the momentary internet connection lose or your establish login session with the website is expired.
In case you faced this problem, please let us know and we will check your record and email your certificate.
Q: I used my nick name or misspelled my name when I was creating my account, how can I fix it, so my name prints properly on my certificate.
Contact us or send us an email and we will change it for you.